This list is in NO ORDER. These are the most memorable books that have made the longest and most important impressions on me.
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Black Stallion by Walter Farley
- The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
(Yes that’s more than ten. I snuck a few more in there! No die-hard book lover can pick just 10!!)
Such a wonderful list! Oh how I love The Black Stallion. And Jane Eyre. And Pride and Prejudice. Wait a second…
*scans list with a frown*
Where’s the best book ever…Gone with the Wind?
Please tell me you’ve read it? I hated it for the first 100 ish pages and then couldn’t put it down until I finished…at 5am the next morning 🙂
I’ve been meaning to read Catcher in the Rye, seeing it on this list of fantastic books is just the push I need to get started.
Sorry to say I have not read GONE WITH THE WIND, though I absolutely love the movie. It’s been on my TBR list forever so I think I need to stop procrastinating!
Great choices. And if you had only 10, I’d have been so surprised! It’s way too hard to pick! I know I wouldn’t be able to!
Good list there, I love Anne of Green Gables and Jane Austen too. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (and the whole Chronicles of Narnia series) was such a fave of mine when I was young! Love the movie version too!