My Literary Goals for 2012
Finish Violette Final Draft and Polished 1/15/12Done 5/2/12 (*ahem*) Plotting/prep/research for Project #2: Rutherford’s story (Lily) 1/31/12.Done May 2012 Develop proposal package for all Violette sequels. Plotting/prep/research for Project #3: Steampunk Thuria 2/28/12Steampunk idea shelved. Current Contemporary Romance project started instead. Enter partial of Rutherford’s story and/or Steampunk Thuria in Orange Rose Contest 2012 4/15/12Done (Entered revised Violette instead) 4/14/12
- Enter at least one manuscript in the RWA Golden Heart Contest 11/15/12
Attend RWA National Conference in Anaheim, CaliforniaDone 7/28/12 and one other writing conference (Emerald City RWA or Surrey International Writer’s Conference)This goal shelved until March 2012 (Socal RWA Conference)
- Read 1 book on craft per month (Craft Books reading list)
- Write 100 x 100 (a minimum of 100 words per day for at least 100 days in a row. My Chart). Starting: … until …
- Maintain my shared writing goal calendar weekly with my fabulous crit partner
- Maintain the pyramid (knowledge, time and enthusiasm) while writing. Record all writing sessions on a spread sheet and monitor hourly rate.
- Read 2-3 novels per month (2012 reading list)
- Carry a notebook wherever I go. Done
- Get out into nature at least 1-2 times per month.
- Go on a writer’s retreat.
- Keep healthy.
Progress Towards Publication Goals
Draft Query Letter for VioletteDone May 2012 Develop spreadsheet and/or use QueryTracker to track query progressDone and in progress starting May 2012
- Query 5-10 agents per month. Ongoing
Practice pitch for Violette and related projectsPitch written, practiced and delivered at RWA National Conference. July 2012 Pitch to agents/editors at conferences and RWA meetingsJuly 2012