A Writer’s 2011 Resolutions
My Ten Writer’s Resolutions for 2011:
Become eligible and then apply for RWA PRO by February 1Done: 1/19/11
- Finish final draft of Violette by
April 1 May 1 June 30December 31
- Write entries & enter 1 or 2 shorts writing contests:
Jane Austen Made Me Do It (5,000 words, due by February 13)Done 2/13/11 or SteamPunk Shakespeare (10-15,000 words, due by May 30) Attend at least one writer’s conference (Romantic Times Booklovers Convention) (April 2-7)Done 4/10/11 Enter Violette of Toulouse in the OCC-RWA Orange Rose Contest by April 15Done 4/9/11
- Begin 2nd novel project by July 1. (Options: Steampunk project, second novel attached to Violette).
- Draft and revise query letter for Violette by July 31.
- Query 5 agents per month (maintaining strict records) beginning in August.
Enter Violette in the RWA Golden Heart Contest in October.Done: 11/29/11
- Write at least 250-500 new words every day
Revised: 30 November, 2011