As I did last year my new goals are being posted on January 1. They served me well during 2011, mostly keeping me motivated and organized. I’ve made new goals this year, more numerous and listed by category (5 for each). Like I did last year, I plan to keep revisiting them, perhaps once a month or once every 2 months.
Here’s to a productive new year!
My Literary Goals for 2012
- Finish Violette Final Draft and Polished 1/15/12
- Plotting/prep/research for Project #2: Rutherford’s story (Lily) 1/31/12. Develop proposal package for all Violette sequels.
- Plotting/prep/research for Project #3: Steampunk Thuria 2/28/12
- Enter partial of Rutherford’s story and/or Steampunk Thuria in Orange Rose Contest 2012 4/15/12
- Enter at least one manuscript in the RWA Golden Heart Contest 11/15/12
- Attend RWA National Conference in Anaheim, California 7/28/12 and one other writing conference (Emerald City RWA or Surrey International Writer’s Conference)
- Read 1 book on craft per month (Craft Books reading list)
- Write 100 x 100 (a minimum of 100 words per day for at least 100 days in a row. My Chart –will be published tomorrow, 1/2/12)
- Maintain my shared writing goal calendar weekly with my fabulous crit partner
- Maintain the pyramid (knowledge, time and enthusiasm) while writing. Record all writing sessions on a spread sheet and monitor hourly rate.
- Read 2-3 novels per month (2012 reading list)
- Carry a notebook wherever I go.
- Get out into nature at least 1-2 times per month.
- Go on a writer’s retreat.
- Keep healthy.
Progress Towards Publication Goals
- Draft Query Letter for Violette
- Develop spreadsheet and/or use QueryTracker to track query progress
- Query 5-10 agents per month
- Practice pitch for Violette and related projects
- Pitch to agents/editors at conferences and RWA meetings